Nokia N70

  • notmysteez
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
      A prevous post mentioned Nokia N70 as a good choice but the Macromedia
      site hasn't been updated with this phone model.
      Does it support Flash Lite? For 700 bones it better if you ask me.
    • Richard Leggett
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
        No one will be able to give you a definite as Macromedia cannot confirm whether it will until it has gone through the system, and that can take quite some time after a phone comes out.

        I'm going to hedge my bets though and get one. Purely going on the OS and specs of the handset I'd be almost sure it will support Flash Lite. I won't be getting it for a month yet though, but when I do, and I confirm it works I will let this list know. Hopefully someone will beat me to it though :)

        A prevous post mentioned Nokia N70 as a good choice but the Macromedia
        site hasn't been updated with this phone model.
        Does it support Flash Lite?  For 700 bones it better if you ask me.

      • David Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
          Does anyone have any idea when or how Macromedia plan to monetize our content. I mean I presume anything we put on exchange will eventually be sold through brue or similar... But any clue as to when

          Dave

          On 05/10/05, Richard Leggett <rleggett@...> wrote:
          No one will be able to give you a definite as Macromedia cannot confirm whether it will until it has gone through the system, and that can take quite some time after a phone comes out.

          I'm going to hedge my bets though and get one. Purely going on the OS and specs of the handset I'd be almost sure it will support Flash Lite. I won't be getting it for a month yet though, but when I do, and I confirm it works I will let this list know. Hopefully someone will beat me to it though :)

          A prevous post mentioned Nokia N70 as a good choice but the Macromedia
          site hasn't been updated with this phone model.
          Does it support Flash Lite?  For 700 bones it better if you ask me.

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          --

          David WIlliams
          http://www.chatebot.blogspot.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
            That's what I read as well, I've checked the specs on a few websites
            and it looks promising.

            Benjamin

            --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Leggett" <rleggett@g...>
            wrote:
            > No one will be able to give you a definite as Macromedia cannot
            confirm
            > whether it will until it has gone through the system, and that can
            take
            > quite some time after a phone comes out.
            >
            > I'm going to hedge my bets though and get one. Purely going on the
            OS and
            > specs of the handset I'd be almost sure it will support Flash Lite.
            I won't
            > be getting it for a month yet though, but when I do, and I confirm
            it works
            > I will let this list know. Hopefully someone will beat me to it
            though :)

            > _____

            On Behalf
            > Of notmysteez
            > Sent: 04 October 2005 17:52
            > To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [FlashLite] Nokia N70
            >

            > A prevous post mentioned Nokia N70 as a good choice but the
            Macromedia
            > site hasn't been updated with this phone model.
            > Does it support Flash Lite? For 700 bones it better if you ask me.
            >

            > _____
            >
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >

            > * Visit your group "FlashLite
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlashLite> " on the web.

            Service
            > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
            >

            > _____
          • Brandon Flowers
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
              > Macromedia plan to monetize our content. I mean I presume anything we
              > put on exchange
              > will eventually be sold through brue or similar

              Macromedia is a software development company. I don't think they are in
              the business of selling your content nor would I want them to be --
              that would actually suck -- they cater primarily to developers -- what
              you want is a company that targets the general public...

              I'm sure some other e-commerce electronic boutique player like Handango
              or EB games will pick up more Flashlite content as they have done with
              other mobile Java or C content. I'd buy a Flashlite version of Alien
              Hominid!

              On 5-Oct-05, at 10:51 AM, David Williams wrote:

              > Does anyone have any idea when or how Macromedia plan to monetize our
              > content. I mean I presume anything we put on exchange will eventually
              > be sold through brue or similar... But any clue as to when
              >
              > Dave
              >

              > On 05/10/05, Richard Leggett <rleggett@...> wrote: No one will
              > be able to give you a definite as Macromedia cannot confirm whether it
              > will until it has gone through the system, and that can take quite
              > some time after a phone comes out.
              >>
              >> I'm going to hedge my bets though and get one. Purely going on the OS
              >> and specs of the handset I'd be almost sure it will support Flash
              >> Lite. I won't be getting it for a month yet though, but when I do,
              >> and I confirm it works I will let this list know. Hopefully someone
              >> will beat me to it though :)

              Brandon Flowers
              Creative Director, Designaxiom // www.designaxiom.com
              Events Director, Flashinto // www.flashinto.com