Re: [FlashLite] Re: advice on phones

  • Nick Gerig
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
      if i were u I would not get either of those phones :)

      Firstly the 910 is a really old phone and will probably never have FL
      installed on it

      The new version of the 910 will be out in the next few months and will
      be 3g and will in all likelihood have FL preinstalled

      if u do want a p910 - its no good for testing content u want to run on a
      series 60, its ok but not the same user input so not really great if u
      want to target series 60

      get the 6680 if you want, personally i think its a bit too big and the
      camera is a useless 1.3M - sorry to offend all u 6680 lovers out there ;)

      I would wait a few weeks and get a nokia N90 or even a N70 - both have
      2M cameras and quite possibly FL preinstalled. They both look better
      than the 6680 ....ahm... brick...thing :)

      just my opinion though ....depends if u can afford to wait too

      cheers

      Nick

    • Richard Leggett
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005
        Nick any idea when the N-series hit the shops? I'm holding off for the moment too.

        Rich

        dangieschen wrote:

        >Thanks for all the advice everyone.
        >
        >I went to
        the store today and believe my choice is now between the 6680 or 6681 and the
        >P910. I think either way I save money if I switch to Cingular from
        T-Mobile because I get a
        >much better deal on the phone. Also, I looked
        around and it seems like it might be difficult
        >to unlock a 6680 or 6681
        to use with T-Mobile. I think I'm getting a really good deal on
        >the P910
        because I'm getting it for the same price as the 6680. I'd like to get that phone
        >because it's a better phone just for my uses. However, one of the
        main reasons I'm getting
        >the phone is to test Flashlite. If I get the
        910 and my app works am I ok in assuming it will
        >work on the 6680 as
        well (assuming I make up for the difference in screen size)? If I can
        >get either phone is there any reason to get the Nokia over the
        Ericsson?

        >Thanks in advance...
        >
        >--- In
        FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, "chall3ng3r" <fsd.news@o...> wrote:

        >>I second that.
        >>

        >>// chall3ng3r //
        >>

        >>  _____

        [FlashLite] advice on phones

        <dangieschen@y...> wrote:

        >>Hi all,
        >>I'm
        planning on buying a phone for flashlite development and was
        >>wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with the
        following
        >>models.
        >>
        >>Nokia 6260
        >>Nokia
        6680
        >>Nokia 7610
        >>Nokia 7710
        >>Sony Ericson
        P910

        >>I'm in New York and my carrier is T-Mobile. I called
        them and they
        >>said any GSM phone would work as long as it could be
        unlocked.

        >>Thanks for any
        help...

        _____

        >>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >>

        >>*      Visit your group
        "FlashLite
        href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlashLite">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlashLite> " on the web.

        _____

        >>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >>

        >>*      Visit your group
        "FlashLite

        href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

        _____

        >Yahoo!
        Groups Links

      • Nick Gerig
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005
          Hi Rich,

          well the N70 has shipped (as of last week), so should be in stores
          anytime this week. The N90 cant be that far behind - are u thinking of
          the N90?

          cheers

          Nick

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 3, 2005
            Ciao Rich,

            2 of the N-series on sale:
            http://ctinyc.com/

            Alessandro

            dangieschen wrote:

            >Thanks for all the advice everyone.
            >
            >I went to the store today and believe my choice is now between the 6680 or 6681 and the
            >P910. I think either way I save money if I switch to Cingular from T-Mobile because I get a
            >much better deal on the phone. Also, I looked around and it seems like it might be difficult
            >to unlock a 6680 or 6681 to use with T-Mobile. I think I'm getting a really good deal on
            >the P910 because I'm getting it for the same price as the 6680. I'd like to get that phone
            >because it's a better phone just for my uses. However, one of the main reasons I'm getting
            >the phone is to test Flashlite. If I get the 910 and my app works am I ok in assuming it will
            >work on the 6680 as well (assuming I make up for the difference in screen size)? If I can
            >get either phone is there any reason to get the Nokia over the Ericsson?
            >
            >Thanks in advance...
            >
            >--- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, "chall3ng3r" <fsd.news@o...> wrote:

            >>I second that.
            >>

            >>// chall3ng3r //
            >>

            >>  _____

            Macromedia flash training Macromedia flash Macromedia flash mx
            Macromedia flash tutorials Macromedia flash mx 2004 Learn macromedia flash

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • Richard Leggett
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 4, 2005
              Actually I'm looking at the N70 or N91. I've just noticed these phones have JavaScript 1.5 and a few other bits like file upload via HTML forms. That's pretty cool. No signs on the "coming soon" section of the Orange site though. Might be after Christmas for me :(

              Richard Leggett wrote:

              > Nick any idea when the N-series hit the shops? I'm
              holding off for the
              > moment too.

              Rich

              dangieschen wrote:

              > >Thanks for all the advice
              everyone.

              > >I went to the store today and believe my
              choice is now between the
              > 6680 or 6681 and the
              > >P910. I
              think either way I save money if I switch to Cingular from
              > T-Mobile
              because I get a
              > >much better deal on the phone. Also, I looked around
              and it seems
              > like it might be difficult
              > >to unlock a 6680 or
              6681 to use with T-Mobile. I think I'm getting a
              > really good deal
              on
              > >the P910 because I'm getting it for the same price as the 6680.
              I'd
              > like to get that phone
              > >because it's a better phone just
              for my uses. However, one of the
              > main reasons I'm getting
              > >the phone is to test Flashlite. If I get the 910 and my app works am
              > I ok in assuming it will
              > >work on the 6680 as well (assuming
              I make up for the difference in
              > screen size)? If I can
              > >get
              either phone is there any reason to get the Nokia over the Ericsson?

              > >Thanks in advance...
              > >
              > >--- In
              FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, "chall3ng3r" <fsd.news@o...> wrote:

              > >>I second that.
              > >>

              > >>// chall3ng3r //
              > >>

              > >>  _____
              > >>
              > >>From: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
              [mailto:FlashLite@yahoogroups.com]
              > On Behalf
              > >>Of
              Alessandro Pace
              > >>Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 4:13 AM
              > >>To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
              > >>Subject: Re: [FlashLite]
              advice on phones

              <dangieschen@y...> wrote:

              > >>Hi all,
              > >>I'm planning on buying a phone for flashlite development and was
              > >>wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with the
              following
              > >>models.
              > >>
              > >>Nokia
              6260
              > >>Nokia 6680
              > >>Nokia 7610
              > >>Nokia
              7710
              > >>Sony Ericson P910
              > >>
              > >>I'm in
              New York and my carrier is T-Mobile. I called them and they
              > >>said
              any GSM phone would work as long as it could be unlocked.

              > >>Thanks for any help...
              > >>

              > >>  _____
              > >>
              > >>YAHOO! GROUPS
              LINKS

              _____

              > >>  _____
              > >>
              > >>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              > >>

              > >>*      Visit
              your group "FlashLite
              > >><
              href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlashLite">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlashLite> " on the web.

              > >>*

              > >>*      Your use of Yahoo!
              Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
              > >><
              href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

              > >>  _____
              > >>

              > >Yahoo! Groups Links

              > SPONSORED
              LINKS
              href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash+training&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=ZPjcdNHgNt0AoYlxhH5wZg">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash+training&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=ZPjcdNHgNt0AoYlxhH5wZg>
              href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=Xzm4oFUOOCneBlShf4hspw">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=Xzm4oFUOOCneBlShf4hspw>
              href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash+mx&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=gIcCKMnabCjqqWxKIDPGUQ">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash+mx&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=gIcCKMnabCjqqWxKIDPGUQ>

              href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=y70PcgR7BRhUmPvjokN-vA">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=y70PcgR7BRhUmPvjokN-vA>
              href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=xkZw8eQcUjTfBGyXOaXRGA">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=xkZw8eQcUjTfBGyXOaXRGA>
              href="http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Learn+macromedia+flash&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=Wox761vYC7I1xdAH36vO5w">http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Learn+macromedia+flash&w1=Macromedia+flash+training&w2=Macromedia+flash&w3=Macromedia+flash+mx&w4=Macromedia+flash+tutorials&w5=Macromedia+flash+mx+2004&w6=Learn+macromedia+flash&c=6&s=168&.sig=Wox761vYC7I1xdAH36vO5w>