Re: [FlashLite] Mobiclip
- mobiclip is an interesting technology and the animation performance is
really really good.
Last time I looked at mobiclip (about a year ago) there were 4 bad
elements that put me off using it.
1. the fonts were rendered really badly
2. All the maths is done in fixed point (24:8)
3. image quality 2x2 anti aliasing - makes it difficult to get detail on
graphics and to get neat looking vectors
4. bitmaps always run on top of everything else
its obviously changed quite a bit since then but i think the 4 issues
above still remain.
worth checking out if you want to distribute stuff where prerformance
needs to be good
Richard Leggett wrote:
>Just picked this up off a Japanese site so I'm not sure what they say about
>it, anyway, MobiClip appears to be a content authoring app, and a player for
>your handset (65kb) for Symbian, MS 2002/2003 and PocketPC 2003 platforms.
>What's interesting is that it plays back SWF (Pro edition required to
>convert SWF containing script). Provides an emulator with multiple skins
>Home edition here...:
>Pro edition also allows for DRM, Scripting (the tetris sample is Flash 7
>See screenshot of emulator with a top down racing game here:
>Cost for pro version: $340 (£187)
>FlashLite mailing list