8415Re: [FlashLite] Sanity check - Flex to mobile

  • Chris Browne
    Aug 2, 2009
      I think I have found where my confusion lies - http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_port_Adobe_AIR_to_WRT only just realized it doesn't actually mention the Air app contains flash!

      Kind regards,

      p.s for anyone who has been following this and is interested a good article is http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_package_Flash_content_in_a_Widget (Flash lite not Flex :) ).

      my sanity has returned :)

      On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Alessandro Pace <biskero@...> wrote:

      "I know you can package Air apps to WRT"

      is not correct. The Webkit in WRT is not the same as in AIR.
      Also packaging is different.

      There are some articles on the Forum Nokia WiKi about Flash Lite and WRT.

      On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Chris Browne <email4.cbrowne@...> wrote:

      Hi Jesse,

      Thanks for the quick response. I should have been clearer WRT is short for Web Run Time which Nokia have shipping on various devices.

      Kind regards,

      On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Jesse Warden <jesse.warden@...> wrote:

      AIR, if you choose to use SWF, is AS3 only.  You could use AS2, but you'd have to embed the SWF in WebKit, and via fscommand have JavaScript make normal AIR calls; in short, ghetto as f2389ur.

      I don't know what WRT is, so I'll let someone else answer that part.

      On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Chris Browne <email4.cbrowne@...> wrote:

      Apologies for Cross posting.Just emailing to see if it is possible to go from Flex (as3) to Air then to Nokia WRT? I know you can package Air apps to WRT but my understanding is that only works if the Air app is based on AS2. Is this correct or have I completely missed AS3 going mobile? (I'm aware there is a hacked version of flash player 10 working on a device... but looking more mass market)

      Thanks in advance,

      Alessandro Pace
      Mobile Architect
      Blogs: www.biskero.org www.flashlite4nokia.com www.flashlite4se.com