8413Re: [FlashLite] Sanity check - Flex to mobile

  • Chris Browne
    Aug 2, 2009
      Hi Jesse,

      Thanks for the quick response. I should have been clearer WRT is short for Web Run Time which Nokia have shipping on various devices.

      Kind regards,

      On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Jesse Warden <jesse.warden@...> wrote:

      AIR, if you choose to use SWF, is AS3 only.  You could use AS2, but you'd have to embed the SWF in WebKit, and via fscommand have JavaScript make normal AIR calls; in short, ghetto as f2389ur.

      I don't know what WRT is, so I'll let someone else answer that part.

      On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Chris Browne <email4.cbrowne@...> wrote:

      Apologies for Cross posting.Just emailing to see if it is possible to go from Flex (as3) to Air then to Nokia WRT? I know you can package Air apps to WRT but my understanding is that only works if the Air app is based on AS2. Is this correct or have I completely missed AS3 going mobile? (I'm aware there is a hacked version of flash player 10 working on a device... but looking more mass market)

      Thanks in advance,

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic