A couple productive hours chasing Charlotte County specialties

  • Jeff Bouton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2013
      On Monday evening my teen-aged son, Austin, actually offered to go birding with me, when I was trying to knock out some localized Florida specialties here in Charlotte County. Between 5:40 PM & 8 PM we picked up all of these and many more:
      Magnificent FrigatebirdSwallow-tailed KiteFlorida Scrub JayGray KingbirdMonk ParakeetBurrowing OwlRed-cockaded WoodpeckerBachman's SparrowBrown-headed Nuthatch…
      Dipped on Mangrove Cuckoo though, and no real unexpected surprises. :(
      For details, images, and to see precise locations check the blog post and associated eBird checklists here.http://travelingtrinovid.com/photographers/some-florida-specialties/
      It was a fun run, especially with the boy riding shotgun once again!
      Good birding,
      Jeff BoutonPort Charlotte, FL