Colombia Benefit Birding Trip March 2013

  • Thad Roller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2013
      Happy New Year Everyone,

         I'm new to this listserv, and look forward to keeping up with birding
      in Florida this year. But for my first post I'd like to let you know
      that I have two spots left for a "Benefit Birding" trip to Colombia in
      March.

        The trip (the first of its kind that I know of) is a non-profit 12-day birding and nature tour of N. Colombia (including the Santa Marta mountains) and the Bogota area. In addition to seeing
      hundreds of birds including some incredible endemics, regional
      specialties and even one still-undescribed screech-owl, a portion of
      each participant's trip fee will be going to support a girl's orphanage
      that I have personal connections to in Bogota. I've been to this small
      and loving church-run orphanage twice already, and can tell you that
      it'll be awesome knowing that our passion (birding) will help make their quality of life better. Following is a brief overview of the tour.
      Please contact me ASAP if you're interested in participating.

      Duration: 12
      days (including travel days)
      Location: Colombia - Santa Marta
      mountains, Caribbean coast, and Bogota area
      Cost:  $2500 (Based on double occupancy)
      Included: Lodging, food (except on travel days), ground
      transportation, guiding, entrance fees
      Not included: Airfare, alcoholic
      beverages, meals on travel days, tips, optional horseback-rides, personal items
      including laundry, travel insurance
      Deposit: $500 (to secure spot on
      trip)
      Difficulty level : Mostly easy, at
      times opportunities for extended walking
      Number of birds expected: 300+
      Note: Valid Passport necessary. US citizens do not need a visa to visit
      Colombia.

      Blessings,

      Thad Roller
      Tampa, FL