Recent SW FL Sightings

  • Vincent P Lucas
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      I spent the morning at Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in in Collier County
      about 10 miles from my house. Best birds were male Blue-winged
      Warbler, Hermit Thrush, Summer Tanager, Ovenbird, Ruby-throated
      Hummingbird. Painted Buntings, plus all the "usually expected" winter
      birds, waders, etc. Got a tip on a Rufous Hummingbird coming to a
      feeder in Golden Gate but dipped on it in the half-hour I visited. I
      saw two Ruby-throateds though. Yesterday, got the Long-billed Curlew
      at Bunche Beach in Lee County with Al Menk and Audrey Whitlock. I
      hadn't seen the latter birder since the Kelp Gull last year.

      Vince

      Vincent P. Lucas
      Naples, FL
      vplucas@...