Probable Cinnamon teal. TM Goodwin WMA Brevard

  • David Simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi all,

      I just saw what looked like a Cinnamon teal in the mitigation area on the east side of Goodwin WMA. We did not have a scope and attempts to photo the bird failed. It was warm cinnamon-brown all over, slightly larger than the Blue-winged teal and smaller than the Northern shoveler with it. I could not determine eye color at the distance we saw it. The bird flew back into the mitigation area which is private as far as I know.

      This would be a great Bird A Day if confirmed.

      David Simpson
      Fellsmere, FL