Fwd: eBird Report - Gator Creek Reserve, Oct 2, 2011

  • efalconh@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2011
      Good Afternoon,

      Dave Goodwin and I checked out a new place this morning in Polk County called Gator Creek Reserve. It is located on the east side of US 98, 6.6
      miles north of the I-4 Exit for US 98. Attach is the trail map for park. We had mixed flocks every time we stopped to look for migrants. We covered the
      Cypress Loop Trail and the part of Piney Wood Trail that leads into the Gator Loop Trail just beyond Gator Creek itself. The best bird of the day was a
      Wood Thrush observed along the Cypress Loop Trail, we had excellent views of the bird as it perched for approximately 5 mins. Below is the Ebird list
      for the morning.

      Erik Haney
      Saint Petersburg