Pinellas & Hillsborough sightings (09/01/2011)

  • BrianAhern@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi All,

      I covered quite a bit of ground today, getting some targets and missing
      others.

      Ft. DeSoto Park - East Beach Woods & Mulberry/Fountain area, 8 AM
      1 Eastern Wood-Pewee
      8 Eastern Kingbird
      18 Red-eyed Vireo
      6 Purple Martin
      1 Barn Swallow
      12 Prothonotary Warbler
      6 Hooded Warbler
      1 Northern Parula
      1 Yellow-throated Warbler

      Boyd Hill Nature Preserve, 9:30 AM

      4 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
      1 Acadian Flycatcher
      25 Red-eyed Vireo
      2 Ovenbird
      1 Louisiana Waterthrush
      1 Northern Waterthrush
      3 Prothonotary Warbler
      8 Hooded Warbler
      2 CERULEAN WARBLER
      1 Blackburnian Warbler
      1 Black-throated Blue Warbler
      1 Yellow-throated Warbler

      Cockroach Bay Road area, 11:30ish AM

      The 3 Buff-breasted Sandpipers were present till almost 11 AM but I wasn't,
      arriving just a little later. I stayed for about an hour seeing most of
      the shorebird species already reported by others (I did not see anything
      looking like a White-rumped). I don't know of anyone who did see the
      Buff-breasted Sandpipers after 11 AM. They could still be in the area, sounds like
      early morning and late afternoon are the best times.

      Lettuce Lake Park, 4 PM

      1 Ruby-throated Hummingbird
      1 Eastern Wood-Pewee
      4 Red-eyed Vireo
      1 Black & White Warbler
      8 Prothonotary Warbler
      6 Hooded Warbler
      4 American Redstart
      8 Northern Parula
      5 Yellow-throated Warbler
      1 Prairie Warbler

      I also heard from Erik Haney who relocated the Golden-winged Warbler at
      Boyd Hill later in the afternoon and that Sawgrass Lake Park was a happening
      spot again this morning. You just can't be everywhere at once, even though I
      tried today!

      Best,

      Brian Ahern
      Tampa Bay, FL.