Ash-throated Flycatcher

  • Murray Gardler
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2011
      Found the previously reported, by Mitchell Harris the subject bird yesterday morning. It was calling.

      Murray Gardler
      Brooksville, FL

    • Jack Rogers
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2011
        Hi All, There was a discussion on the lists recently about the merit of
        observing, photographing, or even mentioning Northern Cardinals, I guess
        because some might consider them too common to be worthy of notice. I have a
        resident pair in my backyard that visit my feeders daily. Gorgeous birds,
        certainly worthy of notice. Just thought I'd share a look at "my" cardinals,
        for those interested. Cheers, Jack

        http://www.pbase.com/paleojack/northern_cardinals

        Jack Rogers

        Oviedo, Florida

      • Jack Rogers
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2011
          Hi Folks, After I posted my link, the question of gender for one of my
          Cardinals was raised. I originally thought female, Juanita suggested maybe
          young male. Sure would like to hear your thoughts on this one:

          http://www.pbase.com/paleojack/image/120937512

          Thanks in advance for any comments, Cheers, Jack

          Jack Rogers

          Oviedo, Fl

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2011
            The experts have spoken, the bird in question was female. Thanks to all,
            Jack