Captain Forster's Hammock Indian River County

  • David Simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2 3:59 PM
      Hi Folks,

      I spent a couple hours this evening looking for the Philadelphia
      vireo reported by Andy Bankert at the aforementioned park. There
      were lots of birds including a Black-billed cuckoo, Summer tanager,
      Eastern pewee, Red and White-eyed vireos, Painted bunting, and nine
      species of warblers. No orioles or thrushes. The birds were very
      quiet and did not seem to form any coherent flocks. I am sure there
      were more birds present, including the Philadelphia vireo.

      To find Captain Fortser's Hammock, enter Captain Forster's Hammock
      into your favorite search engine or internet mapping site, or check
      the East section of the Great Florida Birding Trail.

      David Simpson
      Fellsmere, FL