Help with South Florida Birding

  • fmocso
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      I will be visiting South Florida and am looking for someone whom I can call or email for some current information. I have been a Georgia Birder (Conyers, near Atlanta) for over 35 years. I have most of the Florida books and the hot lines and websites but would like a contact for current info on the more resident specialties like Spot-Breasted Oriel. This is my first visit as a Birder to the area so I have 10 or 12 (likely and less likely) life bird possibilities.
      I will arrive in Miami this Wednesday the 3rd and bird there Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday. On Friday I will be heading down to Key West returning to Miami on the 13th to fly home.
      Thanks for hosting such a valuable list serve.

      Francis Michael Stiteler aka:FM
      Monastery of the Holy Spirit
      Conyers, GA