Accepting Summer Bird Observations in West-Central Florida for FFN & NAB

  • BrianAhern@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hi All,
      Please send me any interesting bird sightings in West-Central Florida from
      this past Summer for possible inclusion in the Florida Field Naturalist
      (published by the Florida Ornithological Society) & also North American
      Birds. The focus of these quarterly reports is on interesting or rare/unusual
      bird observations (including exotic species) and other interesting sightings
      (high numbers, interesting behavior, breeding status, etc). If you are
      unsure whether your sighting qualifies, please send it to me anyway. The
      West-Central area includes: Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Hardee,
      DeSoto & Sarasota counties. If you have any significant bird observations from
      this Summer (1 June through 31 July) in these counties please e-mail them
      to me at: BrianAhern@...
      PLEASE follow this format when putting your report together, and please
      put all your
      observations in phylogenetic order, not in random or chronological order

      Species:
      Number of individuals:
      Date(s):
      Location (including county):
      Observers:
      Details for species rare or difficult to distinguish from common species,
      or any unusual behavior or notes (photos are gladly accepted too!):

      All observers whose sightings are published are acknowledged fully in FFN
      & NAB.
      Thank you!
      Brian Ahern
      Tampa Bay, FL.