Great Backyard Bird Count Update--Day 4

  • FERGUS, Rob
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2009
      Today was the last day of counting for the GBBC. Thanks to everyone who has submitted counts so far. Data entry will be open through the end of the month, so please submit any counts you haven't put in yet.

      You can see statewide totals at:
      http://gbbc.birdsource.org/gbbcApps/statelinks

      Totals for your community are here:
      http://gbbc.birdsource.org/gbbcApps/report?cmd=step2Place&action=continue&reportType=place&place=city

      If you know of sightings of birds that aren't showing up on your state or local lists yet, please make sure that they get reported.

      As most of you probably know, we have a dedicated team of reviewers who have to verify unusual reports before they show up on the website. So if you reported something really good for your area, or even unusually large numbers of regular species, please be patient with our volunteer reviewers as they work their way through all the flagged unusual sightings.

      Likewise, if you see something that seems out of place...feel free to email citizenscience@...<mailto:citizenscience@...> with the location and species in question and we will forward to the reviewers in your area.

      Thanks for all the help. I'll send out more updates as more reports come in. Lets get all our reports in for this 12th and best ever GBBC!

      Rob Fergus
      Senior Scientist, Urban Bird Conservation
      National Audubon Society

      Audubon Birdscapes
      http://birdscapes.audubon.org