Gray Catbird in Virginia Gardens - Miami-Dade County

  • Paul Bithorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2008
      While chatting with my lovely wife, Pam, this morning, she remarked that a Gray Catbird was feeding in the Beautyberry (Callicarpa americana) just outside the french doors in the backyard. I immediately confirmed her sighting. Robertson and Woolfenden, in Florida Bird Species; An Annotated List, report circa 10 summer reports outside its known breeding range (pg. 115).It is known to breed sparingly to Sarasota, Hardee, and Orange Counties (B. Pranty in litt.) Had a pair winter in my backyard and will keep my eyes open for possible breeding. Life is good............................. celebrating Indepence Day in the greatest country in the world!

      Paul Bithorn
      pblifeisgood@...
      pbithorn@...
      Virginia Gardens, Florida