Wekiva 10/01/06 Banding

  • Andrew Boyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hello, All.

      As I expected, fewer birds hit the nets today. The way
      I see it, why stop over for a while after having such
      great flying weather for the last few days?

      Still, we managed 40 birds for our few hours. I banded
      our FOTS House Wrens right at dawn and we finally were
      able to get our first Black-throated Blue Warbler.

      Other banded birds included:

      Veery
      Ovenbird
      Common Yelllowthroat
      Gray Catbird
      Prairie Warbler
      White-eyed Vireo
      Black and White Warbler

      Other birds seen/heard included:

      Red-headed Woodpeck
      Red-bellied Woodpecker
      Downy Woodpecker
      PIleated Woodpecker
      Fish Crow
      Osprey
      Whip-poor-will
      Barred Owl
      Northern Cardinal
      Red-shouldered Hawk
      Tufted Titmouse
      FOTS Eastern Palm Warbler

      Andrew Boyle
      Orlando, FL

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Andrew Boyle
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        Hello, All.

        As I expected, fewer birds hit the nets today. The way
        I see it, why stop over for a while after having such
        great flying weather for the last few days?

        Still, we managed 40 birds for our few hours. I banded
        our FOTS House Wrens right at dawn and we finally were
        able to get our first Black-throated Blue Warbler.

        Other banded birds included:

        Veery
        Ovenbird
        Common Yelllowthroat