Viera Wetlands-closed 7/1/06

  • woundedmallard67@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hey Everybirdy,

      In case you didn't already know, Viera Wetlands was closed today due to a
      line break. There is only access to the click ponds.
      I walked into the main building to inquire as to when it might be repaired
      but saw no one.
      I did a quick search on the web so that I might be able to supply a phone
      number to call but came up empty. you might be able to find one somewhere
      I'm sure as it would be worth a call before heading out for nothing.
      Although the click ponds are a nice spectacle at the moment, there didn't
      seem to be as many birds as there were yesterday. Some 50 Snowy Egrets or so
      were camped along the banks of the southern pond, which does appear to
      dropping, although not as quickly as the north pond. Did find 4 banded Spoonbills
      today, including the one I reported on Wednesday.

      Did happen upon a Crested Caracara along Wickham Rd about 2 miles before
      the facility along with a couple of Eastern Meadowlarks.
      Also, of note, upon leaving the facility, the retention pond to the left
      was playing host to a good number of the waders that are vacating the click
      ponds.

      See you out there!

      Thomas J. Dunkerton
      Titusville, FL