Key West Radar Study - Last Week?

  • Noel Wamer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      October 24-31, 2002

      In the previous report I wrote...
      > I will continue the monitoring for the remainder of the month, but do not
      >anticipate major flights.

      Oops! Wrong again! After light departures on the 24th to 28th, and no
      departures on the 29th and 30th, last night brought a very large departure
      flight. If not the largest flight of the season, it was certainly in the
      top five or so. Instead of the usual 15 minutes interval, I used a 30
      minute interval for last night's radar loop. This extends the loop to
      about 10:30 pm, and shows the birds that departed from the Keys approaching
      Cuba.
      http://www.badbirdz.com/fall2002index.htm
      Later...

      Noel Wamer