Official: Spring Fever

  • Andrew Boyle
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hello, All.

      Orlando is rather jumpin' this morning. And I have to
      write this from work, jittery hands barely able to
      move the the mouse as the camera is feeling rather
      magnetic!

      So...anyway...

      While checking the finch feeders in between getting
      the boys ready for school I noticed some extra
      activity near the bird bath. Up from the ground popped
      a rather buttery Pine Warbler right onto the back
      deck. It flitted about the flower pots in great
      morning sun but by the time I turned my back to grab
      the digital, off he went.

      Oh, well. The Goldfinches are still eating. Did I
      mention the Goldfinches? Been getting them for the
      past 2 1/2 weeks for the first time in almost 3 years
      of trying to entice them to our yard. Some of you have
      followed my woes and can now rest easy knowing I am,
      indeed, a happy boy.

      Several of the males are getting VERY gold.

      After I dropped the boys at their respective schools
      (a small flock of Waxwings leading the way) I headed
      back to get the trash out and discovered a little
      Western Palm Warbler back by the finch feeders. 2
      Goldfinches were still feeding and several were
      calling from the oaks. A flock flew overhead soon
      after.

      The resident Jays, Mourning Doves and Titmice are
      busy, busy, busy and the Cardinals are lining up all
      over.

      Still seeing Robins throughout the neighborhood.

      Must...not...look...outside...

      Andrew Boyle
      Orlando, FL
      http://www.ratherbephotog.com