Re: Common Mynas and Crocodile question

  • Janine B.
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      I live in Broward County and have seen many mynahs here, especially in the east (Hollywood, Hallandale). The farthest north I have ever seen one is in Clewiston, just outside the super-walmart on US-27.

      Supposedly, there is an American Crocodile living at the Ding Darling refuge in Sanibel, but I have never seen it.

      There must be a crazy male redstart living in my yard because he has been here since June.

      Happy Birding!

      -Janine B.

    • R. D. Wallace
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2003
        Hi Paul - normally I would feel mild indignation at your comments about the Gators, having grown up in Gainesville all my life, but this year, along with the halfback pass to end the season with a loss, the Croc on the cover of the media guide, and the expectation of a 7-5 season, begging difference would not be of any use when it comes to playing Miami this year. Wes Biggs and I bet the cost of his pelagic trip on last year's game, but alas, I had to pay the full fare. Just as with all teams, all streaks come to pass. It wasnt long ago that Miami fell from grace too, only to recently win it back.

        Are you coming up for Wes' next pelagic out of Ponce? Perhaps we could at least wager a celebratory libation on the outcome!

        Bob Wallace
        Alachua
        Go Gators anyway!