RFI: White-cheeked Pintail status

  • Mr Edward Boyd
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      Jim Stasz and I (visiting birders from
      Maryland)stopped at the Penbrooke location at Sheridan
      and 172th for the Purple Swamp Hen yesterday. We were
      in the park on the SW corner of that intersection when
      we found a White-cheeked Pintail on the lake. Now,
      considering the number of exotics on the lake we were
      of course VERY skeptical of this bird but were
      wondering if anyone knew if this is a known exotic or
      possibly a valid bird? The bird was not very tame.
      What can you tell us?

      Thanks for the info,

      Ed Boyd
      Westminster, MD