Re: I'm at an impasse with FA - Challenge response

  • damlet2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
      --- In FizzinPixies_musings@yahoogroups.com, "Amy"
      <aimers110879@y...> wrote:
      so here is my challenge to the members of this group: who would you
      like to see Harry paired with and why. I'll tell you right off the
      bat there will be no H/Hr, H/SS or H/D, anyone else is pretty much
      fair game.

      I think that Harry should end up with Padma Patil or a Hufflepuff.
      Hanna perhaps. He and Ginny should have a short relationship,
      teaching Harry how to be with a "normal" girl (vs a hosepipe) but
      discover that there is no fire, and decide friends is better and that
      they feel like siblings (Harry being an honorary Weasley after all).
      The confidence he gains should encourage him to date around a bit,
      have a few disasters with fangirls, and eventually end up with either
      Padma because he needs a Ravenclaw will not only love and support
      him, but will challenge him and guide him, who is NOT Hermione and
      will place him first over the Headmaster, or a Hufflepuff again
      because he needs someone who won't go running into battle with him,
      but will be there to help him heal and live and love, and will be
      unquestioningly loyal.
      Either I think would work depending on where you are taking this
      story.
      My 2 cents for what they are worth. Thanks for a great story so far!
      D2K
    • Ian Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
        Ok, well Amy knows I'm not a big Harry Potter buff,
        but I have enjoyed the books so far. I would suggest
        that Harry be linked with someone from Slytherin. Why?
        5 reasons.

        1. It provides added ammunition for more Gryffindor vs
        Slytherin type stories with Harry's friends reacting
        poorly and her friends reacting poorly and maybe even
        an attempt to break the two up. You also get the bonus
        of their conflicting allegiances. Maybe she is even
        the daughter of some undesirable pure blood advocate
        who may have once served you know who.
        2. Forbidden love, nuff said.
        3. It creates a better dynamic for creating
        relationship scenes. A nice Ravenclaw girl doesn't
        bring anything to the table compared with a sharp,
        quick witted Slytherin who, at first, can't stand all
        the fuss about Harry. The idea of neither of them
        being able to resist their interest in each other is
        just a better plot element.
        4. Butterfly effect. She could initially appear
        undesirable. Perhaps hiding her long black hair under
        a cloak or never smiling, but slowly she is worn down
        by Harry's charm and becomes the person she is to be.
        5. Balance to the force. Slytherin is about as close
        to Sith as Gryffindor is to Jedi, and someone must
        break down the walls for good. Talk about a set up for
        an epic battle/love affair.

        Perhaps I’m not as up on the Harry Potter cannon as I
        should be, but consider that some curse was placed on
        the girl through her family line and when you know who
        comes in for the final battle it ends up being that
        the only way Harry can win his to kill his love, or
        sacrifice himself (Christ like).

        I don't know, gives you some stuff to think about at
        least.

        Ian

        ---------------------------------
        <aimers110879@y...> wrote:
[...]

        Writing book
        Writing a book
        Writing child book
        Book writing software
        Writing a book report
        Business writing book

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
      • Amy
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005

          Well Ian that might have worked if I had not reserved a Slytherin for someone else... Actually if I can work it in I will because it would work with the plot I have figured so far.  I've ruled out Ginny in any serious capacity (yes time for everyone to gasp and throw rotten fruit or something of that nature) but that has been remedied in chapters not yet posted.  Hope you are continuing to enjoy your foray into the world of Potter and keep in touch my friend. > >

          Amy~

          --- In FizzinPixies_musings@yahoogroups.com, Ian Smith <ian@i...> wrote:

> [...]
          > Weasley after all).
          > The confidence he gains should encourage him to date
          > around a bit,
          > have a few disasters with fangirls, and eventually end
          > up with either
          > Padma because he needs a Ravenclaw will not only love
          > and support
          > him, but will challenge him and guide him, who is NOT
          > Hermione and
          > will place him first over the Headmaster, or a
          > Hufflepuff again
          > because he needs someone who won't go running into
          > battle with him,
          > but will be there to help him heal and live and love,
          > and will be
          > unquestioningly loyal.
          > Either I think would work depending on where you are
          > taking this
          > story.
          > My 2 cents for what they are worth. Thanks for a great

        • Amy
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 14, 2005
            Thanks for your input I will deffinately take it into advisement especially since I want house unity to be a major part of the plot. I might just keep him unattached as well so he can focus on his training. Lukily I revised unposted chapters so that it's not a major issue yet. I'm glad you were interested enough to let me know what you think, I look forward to hearing more of your opinion.