Nicholas Bonham

  • Lu
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2011
      Nicholas Bonham (Bonhomme? Bonum? Bonnum? Bonam?) was born possibly in England some time after 1600 and died in 1684 in N. J. Nicholas married Hannah Fuller in 1659 in either Scituate or Barnstable, MA before they migrated with three of their children to Monmouth, NJ. It is said he was a follower of Roger Williams. Bonhamtown remains in NJ just on the edge of Metucheon as a tribute to his name. Names associated with Nicholas Bonham are FitzRandolph, Drake, Fox, Salter,Cox, Slater, Dunham, Bishop, and Hunt.

      I am looking specifically for a hint on a passenger list that Nicholas came to America on his own, possibly around 1630 to abt. 1657. Nicholas is not related to George Bonham, who came in 1635 to Plymouth.

      If any of you have copies of passenger lists of ships to America from England, France, or The Netherlands between 1600 and 1654/55, if you'll check for any Bonhams or Bonhommes, I would be most grateful. I've just about exhausted the supply that is available to me. Either that or send me links to ships lists on the internet that I may not have.

      I will be most grateful :-) Lu MacKie
    • Deborah Blake
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2011
[...]

        Hi,
        My name is Deborah.� Regarding passenger ship's lists, check out the "Thorpe Fleet," of about 17 ships leaving England and arriving in the Colonies about 1635.� Also, look up the "Higginson-Skelton Fleet," and� the "Winthrop Fleet," asking for� their passenger lists for your time frame.
        Best of Luck,
        Deborah Blake�