Just joined today so HELLO from Ohio!

  • An Old but Wise Lady
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2009
      Don't know WHEN or any ship names yet, but all I know about my 5th Great Grandfather is: John Kelly b. abt 1756 (on the 1790 Census for Cornwall, Orange Co., NY after his name is JNR (junior I guess). He is married (to HANNAH KINNER)and the census correctly list 3 sons and 3 daughter and wife on the census.

      So he maybe has a Father named John. From the direction of migration it appears MANY who came from either Mass. or Conn.
      I see MANY Kelly and or Kelley names in both places. So I would appreciate hearing from all who may wish to direct me or may be linked to the Kelly's who move on to Steuben Co., NY. If you reply please do so at ohioweaver@...

      Thank you

      Diane Marshall

      MODERATOR'S NOTE: Members may also reply to the list so that others may benefit from the response.