Re: IllegalStateException (JBoss, Timeout)

  • tdtappe
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2009
      Roman,

      > Can it be that you have
      > specified pingInterval, but not the ping statement.

      No, I don't think so. Couldn't find any pingInterval in any file.

      --Heiko
      Message 2 of 11 , May 5, 2009
        > No, I don't think so. Couldn't find any pingInterval in any file.

        Bad.

        It looks that next week I will have some time to look into the problem.

        If you prepare me a fully configured JBoss (version that you use) and,
        if needed, test application with your code, and put it somewhere for
        download, I will try to find the problem...

        Roman
      • tdtappe
        Message 3 of 11 , May 28, 2009
          Hi Roman,

          so far I couldn't build a simple sample application that shows this behaviour. But I found out that commenting line #285 in AbstractPingablePooledConnection.java seems to "solve" the problem.

          Maybe "someone" in the JBoss environment is closing an already closed connection. Maybe it's possible to make the code a bit more robust for scenarios like this? What do you think? Maybe via some configuration value!?

          --Heiko

          protected void internalClose() throws SQLException {
          /* checkValidity(); */

          if (currentConnection != null)
          currentConnection.deallocate();

          jdbcConnection.close();

          statements.clear();

          invalidate();
          }
          Message 4 of 11 , May 28, 2009
            > so far I couldn't build a simple sample application that shows this
            > behaviour. But I found out that commenting line #285 in
            > AbstractPingablePooledConnection.java seems to "solve" the problem.
            >
            > Maybe "someone" in the JBoss environment is closing an already closed
            > connection. Maybe it's possible to make the code a bit more robust for
            > scenarios like this? What do you think? Maybe via some configuration value!?

            Well, if we would definitely know that JBoss closes the physical connection,
            then yes - we could create something similar to what we did for the Sun
            AppServer - own pool classes with overridden behavior. No problem with that.

            Only that in the moment I am not sure about it. But I will check if we can live
            without that checkValidity() call.

            Could you please put this in tracker, so I do not forget?

            Roman
          • tdtappe
            Message 5 of 11 , May 28, 2009
              > Could you please put this in tracker, so I do not forget?

              Done.

              Thanks so far!

              --Heiko