RE: [Firebird-Java] Firebird in app server slow connection

  • Rupert Young (Restart)
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1 1:36 AM
      Thanks. I am actually already using the IP address. Do you have any inkling
      for what the JVM or OS config problem might be?

      Regards,

      Rupert Young

      Principal Architect

      ReStart Consulting Ltd

      Connecting the NHS

      * UK: +44 1753 865879

      * UK: +44 7795 480387

      http://www.restartconsulting.com <BLOCKED::http://www.restartconsulting.com>

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1 2:24 AM
        > Thanks. I am actually already using the IP address. Do you have any inkling
        > for what the JVM or OS config problem might be?

        Bad garbage-collector settings? But even there it should not be 500ms...
        I really have no idea - only that these numbers very strange. Can your
        system be completely overloaded, so you don't get enough CPU-time?

        If we assume that this is only bad log entries and Java runs ok, then I
        would first try on that very machine following command:

        telnet <db_server_host> 3050

        (replace port number if you have changed it) and check how fast you get
        the connection. You can start multiple telnets at once, to see if that
        is somehow related to obtaining multiple connections (for example, some
        timeout in xinetd config of the database server)... But those are just
        guesses...