Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Incompatible client/server protocols, RH 7.1, InterClient_201

Expand Messages
  • jimwright_quick_cz
    Hi, I ve just installed/tested FirebirdCS-1.0.0.681-0.RC2.i386.rpm and interclient_201_linux-xinetd.tar.gz from sourceforge and the Communications Diagnostic
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2002
      Hi,

      I've just installed/tested FirebirdCS-1.0.0.681-0.RC2.i386.rpm and
      interclient_201_linux-xinetd.tar.gz from sourceforge and the
      Communications Diagnostic applet gives me this:


      ***** SQLException *****
      SQL State: ICJH2
      Error Code: 6
      Message: [interclient] Installed versions of InterClient and
      InterServer use incompatible client/server protocol versions.
      See API reference for exception
      interbase.interclient.BadInstallationException

      ***** Installation problem detected! *****

      I am quite certain that the client and server both came in
      interclient_201_linux-xinetd.tar.gz because I downloaded this for
      the first time in the last few days. I have also searched my whole
      system for another interclient.jar

      Also, I downloaded firebird in the last few days so I would be
      surprised if this was any version compatibility problem. I have also
      tried Netscape IBM SDK 1.3 and JRE 1.4 i.e.applet and direct VM use
      of class.

      I am testing on the database server and have tried specifying the
      local host in at least 3 different ways. I have updated
      /etc/services, installed stuff in /etc/xinet.d, and made the server
      file executable (is this necessary).

      Anyone got any ideas please.

      Were it not for bug 524125 which I have raised on sourceforge.net
      I would be able to check the versions were the same. If I know that
      someone has downloaded and installed the same two package (presumably
      yes) then I can rule out another bug.

      Cheers,

      Jim Wright
    • jimwright_quick_cz
      Now working. The last thing I did was add interserver: 127.0.0.1 to hosts.allow. Cannot remember what the problem was with naming the server. Not sure
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2002
        Now working. The last thing I did was add
        "interserver: 127.0.0.1" to hosts.allow.
        Cannot remember what the problem was with naming the server.

        Not sure whether my original message was to much like a support
        request for this list, so will have a look and see if I can propose
        better exception handling to recompense.

        Cheers,

        Jim Wright
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.