Firebird with Blobs

  • mcmics
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
      I think I found a bug. If I read a BLOB from DB with Statement

      connection.createStatement();

      it works fine and I can read the Blobs but with the folllowing statement

      connection.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
      ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);

      I got the "Invalid Blob ID" error.

      Hope anyone can help or fix it.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
        > I think I found a bug. If I read a BLOB from DB with Statement
        >
        > connection.createStatement();
        >
        > it works fine and I can read the Blobs but with the folllowing statement
        >
        > connection.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
        > ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
        >
        > I got the "Invalid Blob ID" error.
        >
        > Hope anyone can help or fix it.

        What Jaybird version do you use and what are exact steps to reproduce an
        error?

        Roman
      • mcmics
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
          --- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, Roman Rokytskyy <rrokytskyy@...>
          wrote:

          > > I think I found a bug. If I read a BLOB from DB with Statement
          > >
          > > connection.createStatement();
          > >
          > > it works fine and I can read the Blobs but with the folllowing
          statement

          > > connection.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
          > > ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
          > >
          > > I got the "Invalid Blob ID" error.
          > >
          > > Hope anyone can help or fix it.
          >
          > What Jaybird version do you use and what are exact steps to
          reproduce an
          > error?
          >
          > Roman

          I use jaybird 2.1.1 and if I connect to the database and create a
          statement with 'createStatement()' it works fine. I can works with
          BLOB's but if I use a fetchable statement instead of the old I got a
          'FBCachedBlobField' instead of an 'FBBlobField' and with the cached
          there comes the error 'Invalid Blob ID'.

          I think the error comes from the FBCachedBlobField.
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
            > I use jaybird 2.1.1 and if I connect to the database and create a
            > statement with 'createStatement()' it works fine. I can works with
            > BLOB's but if I use a fetchable statement instead of the old I got a
            > 'FBCachedBlobField' instead of an 'FBBlobField' and with the cached
            > there comes the error 'Invalid Blob ID'.
            >
            > I think the error comes from the FBCachedBlobField.

            Can you create a small test case for it? Why I ask - I remember fixing
            similar issue long time ago, so a test case is needed.

            Thanks!
            Roman
          • mcmics
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
              Yes you're right. I written some time ago and you fix the problem, but
              now I use a fetchable cursor for statement and I got the same error.
              I have written a small test cas where you can see the problem.

              I have uploaded the File