How to run on Red Hat 64bit

  • Thomas Miller
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      I am looking to pump data from a 32bit Linux database to an Oracle DB on
      64bit Linux. Will the Firebird drivers just install and basically work
      in 64bit mode?

      Thanks.

      --
      Thomas Miller
      Chrome Portal Project Manager

      http://www.bss-software.com
      http://programmers.cpcug.org/
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/chromeportal/
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/uopl/
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbexpressplus
    • Steven Jardine
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        > I am looking to pump data from a 32bit Linux database to an Oracle DB on
        > 64bit Linux. Will the Firebird drivers just install and basically work
        > in 64bit mode?

        It depends on what architecture you are using. As long as there is a
        JVM for your OS then you can run jaybird. As far as Firebird, the 1.5
        release doesn't have a 64bit edition so you can only run it in 32bit
        mode. I am using Opteron AMD64 and Intel EMT64 processors and they work
        find with the 32bit builds. Firebird 2.0 has 64bit builds but I haven't
        used them yet. Hope this helps.

        Steve