Remote connection problem

  • slaks2005
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi,
      I use JDBC driver.
      It connects me to the local database with no problem
      (the connection string looks like this
      "jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost:c:\temp\database.gdb" with
      adiministrator permissions )

      When i try to connect to remote database it throws me the following
      error
      "GDS Exception. No message for code 335544569 found.
      No message for code 335544436 found.
      No message for code 335544580 found.
      No message for code 335544382 found
      "

      the remote connection string looks like this :
      "jdbc:firebirdsql:remotelhost:c:\temp\database.gdb"

      Is it the problem in server configuration or java permissions?
      How to handle it?

      Thanks.
      Slava.
    • Gabriel Reid
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005
        On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 05:48:16PM -0000, slaks2005 wrote:
        > It connects me to the local database with no problem
        > (the connection string looks like this
        > "jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost:c:\temp\database.gdb" with
        > adiministrator permissions )
        >
        > When i try to connect to remote database it throws me the following
        > error
        > "GDS Exception. No message for code 335544569 found.
        > No message for code 335544436 found.
        > No message for code 335544580 found.
        > No message for code 335544382 found
        > "

        The error codes that you're getting are defined in the
        isc_error_msg.properties resource file. It appears that you may be
        trying to access a table that doesn't exist in the remote database, as
        one of the "missing" error messages that you're not getting is "Table
        unknown".

        I think the problem that needs to be solved first is why the
        error messages aren't being resolved. Which release and which jar file
        are you using on your classpath for Jaybird?

        Gabriel