SQLException when closing closed statement

  • Rick DeBay
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      I find this in my logs:
      12:23:40,037 WARN [AbstractDAO] org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException:
      This statement is already closed.
      After closing a PreparedStatment that had already been closed.

      The API states:
      "Calling the method close on a Statement object that is already closed
      has no effect."
      http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#close()

      Rick DeBay
      Senior Software Developer
      RxStrategies.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
        > I find this in my logs:
        > 12:23:40,037 WARN [AbstractDAO] org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException:
        > This statement is already closed.
        > After closing a PreparedStatment that had already been closed.
        >
        > The API states:
        > "Calling the method close on a Statement object that is already
        > closed has no effect."
        > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#close()

        Most likely that is an artifact since JDK 1.3 where this sentense was not
        present. I will remove it.