org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: Resource Exception. Local transaction active: can't begin another

  • N RAJAGOPAL
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi,

      I am getting this following exception, while using
      Firebird JCA JDBC driver version 1.5.

      org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: Resource
      Exception. Local transaction active: can't begin
      another

      can anyone tell me why it happens?

      This Exception doesn't come, when I run my application
      with FirebirdSQL-1.5.0Beta3JDK_1.4.zip

      Thanks,
      raj

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
    • Marco Parmeggiani
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
        In data Wed, 1 Sep 2004 05:19:21 -0700 (PDT), hai scritto:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am getting this following exception, while using
        > Firebird JCA JDBC driver version 1.5.
        >
        > org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: Resource
        > Exception. Local transaction active: can't begin
        > another

        is it possible that you hava multiple threads using the same database
        connection?
      • nrajagopal35
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
          ya, I am using multiple threads using the same connection,
          but I am not using any transaction from my application.

          --- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, Marco Parmeggiani
          <marcopar@d...> wrote:
          > In data Wed, 1 Sep 2004 05:19:21 -0700 (PDT), hai scritto:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I am getting this following exception, while using
          > > Firebird JCA JDBC driver version 1.5.
          > >
          > > org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: Resource
          > > Exception. Local transaction active: can't begin
          > > another
          >
          > is it possible that you hava multiple threads using the same database
          > connection?
        • Steffen Heil
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2004
            Hi

            > ya, I am using multiple threads using the same connection, but I am not
            using any transaction from my application.

            Simply wrong.
            In firebird EVERYTHING needs to be done inside a transaction.
            If you do nothing, there will be a automatic transaction opened with
            auto-commit set to true.

            Lesson: Do not use one Connection in different threads.

            Regards,
            Steffen
          • nrajagopal35
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2004
              From when, this restriction is implemented.

              Actually, I am able to use this previously without no problems. i.e
              with during beta 3 and before.

              any updates.

              regards,
              raj

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4, 2004
                > From when, this restriction is implemented.

                This restrictions is not standard conformant. I have tried to make driver
                thread-safe, but it seems that your report tells that I have failed.

                If you can provide a test case that can reproduce the problem, I will try to
                provide a fix for it.

                Roman
              • nrajagopal35
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 8, 2004
                  This is the same scenario as that of the one mentioned
                  in message id : 6233.

                  --- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, "Roman Rokytskyy"