Re: getDouble bug in the latest csv

  • jwcanada
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2002
      Thank you, Blas.

      I just update the patch you committed. It did raise exception "The
      resultSet is not in a row, use next" .

      However, this does not solve the problems as older version has been
      running fine in our application.

      Any other thoughts why the new version is not working? Thanks

      jw

      --- In Firebird-Java@y..., Blas Rodriguez Somoza <blas@p...> wrote:
      > Hello
      >

      > At 01/12/2002 02:15 +0000, you wrote:
      > >It seems there is a bug on getDouble in the latest version from csv.
      > >The problem is gone if I switch to the Release candidate 1.
      > >
      > >See the error message below
      > >
      > > java.lang.NullPointerException
      > > at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBField.isNull(FBField.java:163)
      > > at
      org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBResultSet.getField(FBResultSet.java:303)
      > > at
      org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBResultSet.getDouble(FBResultSet.java:242)

      > It seems this error is the same one Roman Rokytskyy found some days
      ago, the lack of control of the driver when trying to access a
      resultSet when not in row or closed.

      > I commit a patch to throw exceptions when this happen. Please update
      your copy and try again.

      > Regards
      > Blas Rodriguez Somoza.
    • Blas Rodriguez Somoza
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2002
        Hello

        At 01/12/2002 14:23 +0000, you wrote:
        >Thank you, Blas.
        >
        >I just update the patch you committed. It did raise exception "The
        >resultSet is not in a row, use next" .
        >
        >However, this does not solve the problems as older version has been
        >running fine in our application.
        >
        >Any other thoughts why the new version is not working? Thanks

        This message must only appear when you try to get the value of a field before you use the next() method on a ResultSet.

        If this is the case then the driver must throw an exception, if the version RC1a don't throw it, this is a bug in the RC1a.

        If the exception is thrown after you use next, then there is a bug in this version.

        Can you explain when the exception is thrown?.

        Regards
        Blas Rodriguez Somoza.
      • jwcanada
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2002