How to do UTF8 encoding in JBoss 3 using firebirdsql?

  • cn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2002
      Hello

      I have been using interclient in JBoss 2.4.4 and I can read and write
      characters in my JSP and EJB from and to Firebird database in UTF8
      encoding. But when I upgraded to JBoss 2.4.6 and JBoss 3.0, all the
      UTF8 characters in Firebird becomes garbage charcters in JSP and EJB. I
      have tried the following:

      1. Interclient and JBoss 2.4.4
      put the following line in jboss.jcml
      <attribute
      name="Properties">charSet=UTF8;user=sysdba;password=masterkey</attribute>
      and remove the JDBCUser and Password attribute
      Then, this is OK

      2. Interclient and JBoss 2.4.6
      It seems that JBoss 2.4.6 must have the JDBCUser and Password
      attribute and ignore the Properties attribute. So it seems the
      charSet=UTF8 is not passed to the connection.
      So, how to configure it to have UTF8 support?

      3. FirebirdSQL and JBoss 3.0
      I have done following to instruction. But only single byte
      characters is OK. UTF8 stored in Firebird becomes garbage characters.
      So, how to configure it to have UTF8 support?

      I have post similar questions in JBoss forum. But have not yet got an
      answer.
      Hope you can help to solve.
      Thanks a lot.
      C. N. Tsang