Problems using JDBC-Driver

  • Uwe Jäger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
      Hello,

      I wanted to use the jdbc driver for our application but I ran into
      serveral problems. All we do works fine with Interclient and several
      other jdbc drivers (e.g. Oracle).

      We have at least two connections, one set to autocommit (with
      java.sql.Connection.setAutoCommit(true)) one set to autocommit false.

      Connections are created with java.sql.Driver.connect method after
      instanciating the driver with Class.forName ...

      While running the application I get several exceptions complaining about
      using commit for connections set to autocommit; but we only call
      commit for the connections not set to autocommit. I also get errors
      while the driver tries to fetch data.

      If needed I can produce detailed logs for the problems; now I just want
      to know whether the driver should work in the circumstances described
      above. The documentation doesn't make a lot of words about using the
      driver as jdbc driver ...

      Kind regards
      Uwe Jäger
    • rrokytskyy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2002
        Hi,

        > While running the application I get several exceptions complaining
        > about using commit for connections set to autocommit; but we only
        > call commit for the connections not set to autocommit. I also get
        > errors while the driver tries to fetch data.
        >
        > If needed I can produce detailed logs for the problems; now I just
        > want to know whether the driver should work in the circumstances
        > described above. The documentation doesn't make a lot of words
        > about using the driver as jdbc driver ...

        Answer will be "yes, type 4 JDBC driver can work under described
        conditions".

        Exception you get on commit means that it does run in auto-commit
        mode. You can check this easily using connection.getAutoCommit()
        right before commit().

        Also, please describe problems you have when fetching data in details.

        Best regards,
        Roman Rokytskyy