Re: More problems

  • shevlandj@kpi.com.au
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2001
      --- In IB-Java@egroups.com, gonzalo <godiard@a...> wrote:
      > I can't establish more that 10/12 connections simultaneous with
      Interclient/Interserver 1.6 and 2.0.
      > Is this a limitation? A bug?
      > What I can do?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Gonzalo

      I posted a similar bug to the MERS mailing list and a test piece of
      code... I couldn't get beyond 20 connections without
      an 'UnavailableDatabaseException' or similar occurring for each
      connection after that (seems to be a per JVM limit as other VM's
      could also get up to 20 connections, and other tools could access the
      db still).

      After a lot of hair pulling I've just installed the latest Firebird
      release (4?) and Interclient 2.0... and with another quick test I've
      managed to get up to 50 concurrent connections (I assume more would
      work)... phew. Now hopefully Interclient 2.0 doesn't wreak havoc with
      existing apps ;)

      Cheers,
      Joe