Re: GDS Exception. 335544721. Unable to complete network request to host

  • psureshkumar14@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 66 , Apr 1, 2013
      Mark
      I gotta clue. In our customer environment, actually we run a command to scan some ipaddresses. The command will look like it will append(with space between every ips) all ipaddresses(Say more than 1000). In logs(tomcat), we found some IOException while executing that command. After that exception, firebird DB connection fails randomly.

      I give a solution to the customer to avoid that IOException, by spliting the scan command and run it in a loop with only 100 ipaddresses instead of 1000's. Noe it seems the issue was fixed. Today i am going to give the same fix to another customer. once i got reply, i will let you know.

      Thanks for your valuable help!!

      Suresh Kumar.P

      --- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, Mark Rotteveel <mark@...> wrote:

      > On 28-3-2013 12:21, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
      > > I found the buffer index potentially getting larger than the actual
      > > buffer size in XdrOutputStream. However I would expect the buffer to be
      > > empty when iscStartTransaction is called, so checkBufferSize(..)
      > > shouldn't need to write the current buffer to the socket.
      > >
      > > I'll do some more digging.
      >
      > I have created issue JDBC-306
      > (http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/JDBC-306 ) to track this.
      >
      > Mark
      > --
      > Mark Rotteveel

    • Ray Holme
      Message 66 of 66 , Feb 17 5:47 AM
        For what it is worth, I have had such problems before.

        In my case, the host I was trying to reach had closed down the server
        because xinetd had seen too many requests in too short a time. The
        immediate problem was only solved when the daemon had waited 30 minutes
        to re-open and allow new requests.

        The solution to the problem was increasing the number of allowed
        connections for firebird - done in the firebird service module
        per_source = 200

        Of course, you may not be running linux or mac-osx - so this may be
        useless advice. I don't know how to open up the number elsewhere.

        And oh yes, the number being requested was a bug due to tomcat
        restarting stale (dead) code as it thought it was doing me a favor with
        serialization.