Re: [Firebird-Java] Foodmart database

  • masotti
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hi Roman,

      On 31/05/2012 22:10, Roman Rokytskyy wrote:
      > I used Pentaho Kettle (ETL tool) to transfer data from MySQL to
      > Firebird. If I am not mistaken, the most hard part was to handle the
      > case-sensitive column names in MySQL database.

      I've done a refactoring of scripts from different sources and now I've
      three scripts ( tables, data, indexes ) to rebuild database from within
      ISQL.

      I've removed all case sensitive names (except field "day") and renamed
      table "position" (another reserved word) as EMP_POSITION.
      Defined some DOMAINS, and converted all TRUE to 1 and FALSE to 0.

      Seems that's all.
      I'll test next week and report back.

      MM
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
        > I've done a refactoring of scripts from different sources and now I've
        > three scripts ( tables, data, indexes ) to rebuild database from within
        > ISQL.
        >
        > I've removed all case sensitive names (except field "day") and renamed
        > table "position" (another reserved word) as EMP_POSITION.
        > Defined some DOMAINS, and converted all TRUE to 1 and FALSE to 0.

        It might happen, that you will need to convert the names to lower case
        (i.e. make them case sensitive again). AFAIK, the Mondrian examples
        will produce case-sensitive queries against the database.

        Roman

        Gesendet mit AquaMail für Android
        http://www.aqua-mail.com