ApacheMQ and Firebird

  • robert.gilland
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 2011
      I have installed Jaybird. Because I want to use ApacheMQ and Firebird together. ApacheMQ allows any JDBC connection for persistent storage. Has anyone else done this?

      By the way incredibly quiet in the group no messages for at least 4 months
    • Mark Rotteveel
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
        On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 06:11:48 -0000, "robert.gilland"
        <robert.gilland@...> wrote:
        > I have installed Jaybird. Because I want to use ApacheMQ and Firebird
        > together. ApacheMQ allows any JDBC connection for persistent storage. Has
        > anyone else done this?

        No I haven't used ApacheMQ. Did you have a specific question or problem, or
        do you want to exchange experiences?

        > By the way incredibly quiet in the group no messages for at least 4
        months

        Unfortunately yes.

        Mark
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
          > I have installed Jaybird. Because I want to use ApacheMQ and Firebird
          > together. ApacheMQ allows any JDBC connection for persistent storage.
          > Has anyone else done this?

          In the docs I see nothing that would prevent it from running.

          One tip - if your messages will be smaller than 32K (minus size of
          other columns), I would use an adapter that stores data in VARCHAR
          columns:

          public class FirebirdJDBCAdapter extends BytesJDBCAdapter {
          @Override
          public void setStatements(Statements statements) {
          statements.setBinaryDataType("VARCHAR(32000)");
          super.setStatements(statements);
          }
          }

          Reason is that fetching data from BLOB requires an additional roundtrip
          to the database. If you cannot guarantee that payload will be smaller
          than 32k, use BLOB adapter.

          > By the way incredibly quiet in the group no messages for at least 4
          > months

          The last message in the group is dated by 28.07.2011... check your
          email/subscription. :)

          Roman
        • robert.gilland
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
            I just wondered if anyone has done it.
            And if so what dis they use for configuration.

            Kind Regards,

            Robert
          • robert.gilland
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 15, 2011
              Of course I actually mean Apache activeMQ

              my mistake.
            • Mark Rotteveel
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 16, 2011
                On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 01:00:40 -0000, "robert.gilland"
                <robert.gilland@...> wrote:
                > I just wondered if anyone has done it.

                No problem, I was just curious as sometimes very specific questions will
                yield no response, while more general questions will.

                > And if so what dis they use for configuration.

                What do you mean with 'dis'?

                Mark
              • robert.gilland
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 16, 2011