jaybird on eclipse

  • Lester Caine
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2010
      I've been using eclipse as a development platform for a number of years and used
      EclipseSQL with jaybird to augment flamerobin and it looks as if I was simply
      lucky selecting that one as none of the other viewers don't seem to be working
      with jaybird :(

      Another plugin that has been working nicely is the Azzurri Clay Modelling tool,
      but while that had good firebird support that has never been readily
      downloadable, and the current version is rather highly priced and even then with
      a restricted licence. SO I've been looking for an alternative modelling tool.

      AmaterasERD looks like it will do the job, but is not opening a connection to
      jaybird and I'm rather lost as to debug that particular problem.

      Alternatively anybody got an alternative that does work?

      As a slight aside, it seems strange that all of the SQL tools for eclipse are on
      the Japanese SF site ... anybody got any idea why?

      --
      Lester Caine - G8HFL
      -----------------------------
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2010
        On 9-10-2010 0:08, Lester Caine wrote:
        > I've been using eclipse as a development platform for a number of years and used
        > EclipseSQL with jaybird to augment flamerobin and it looks as if I was simply
        > lucky selecting that one as none of the other viewers don't seem to be working
        > with jaybird :(

        Well, you could look at the Eclipse Data Tools Platform implementation
        for Firebird available on my website: http://www.lawinegevaar.nl/firebird

        It is not entirely stable yet, and I haven't been able to work much on
        it since last year.

        > Another plugin that has been working nicely is the Azzurri Clay Modelling tool,
        > but while that had good firebird support that has never been readily
        > downloadable, and the current version is rather highly priced and even then with
        > a restricted licence. SO I've been looking for an alternative modelling tool.
        >
        > AmaterasERD looks like it will do the job, but is not opening a connection to
        > jaybird and I'm rather lost as to debug that particular problem.
        >
        > Alternatively anybody got an alternative that does work?

        I don't really do much database development at this moment, so I can't
        really help you there.

        Mark
        --
        Mark Rotteveel