On this day. . .February 1st

  • Hfd82
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1 3:56 AM
      Hard to believe this was 13 years ago. . .this entry was from the HFD historian, so it has only Harrisburg's involvement.  I believe there were rigs from all over Central Pa there that night.
      1999- 0106 hrs.900 Market St, Boro of Lemoyne.       West Shore Farmers Market.  Large, almost one block square rambling, cut up one and two story building with apartments above the Market St. side(North) destroyed in spectacular fire.  Tower 2 in service on east side of the structure with platform gun.  Engine 6 special called but not used. Fire of about 4 alarm equivalent.  HFD companies out 6 hours. A Platoon, mutual aid.