New Zealand LODD

  • chiefhank
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2001
      Hello, all,

      It is with deep regret that I inform you of the death of Volunteer
      Firefighter Grant E. Judd, 34, of the Foxton Beach Volunteer Fire Brigade,
      which occurred on Sunday, 17 June 2001 (NZ time). He was killed, and two
      other firefighters were seriously injured, when the appliance they were
      responding to a kitchen fire in, left the road, overturned, and crashed
      through a fence. It was raining heavily at the time of the accident, which
      occurred on a notoriously dangerous curve on Ladies Mile Road. Judd was dead
      at the scene and the two injured firefighters were medivac'd to the
      hospital.

      May he rest in peace.

      Stay safe, all,
      ChiefHank