Re: [FDHistory] all quiet

  • hfd82@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
      Actually I found a coupla little things I wanna put out but I was in Cozumel
      MX from the 20th to the 28th and since I'm back I've been working on the
      living room. This was part of the kitchen project which was started back in
      July(and now done) and has also promised to be challenging.

      HFD finished up October with 262 runs and a coupla jobs. I'll have the
      stats, soon as my partner gets 'em to me.

      HFD Rumor. Both aerialscopes(Tower 1-1988, and Tower 2-1975) may be sent
      probably to Seagrave next year and have all new chassis and bodies installed,
      or shall I say the booms/jack/outrigger assemblies will be saved and
      reinstalled on new rigs. The Larchmont rig(my baby) is now over 25 years old
      and Tower 1 has looming expensive tranny problems. Chief Sevison(C3) told us
      that if council goes along with it we can have two new aerials at a
      significant cost savings($200K each). and supposed construction time will be
      about 40 working days! That would give the HFD 4 new Seagrave first line
      rigs by next year.

      Dave
    • yorkfd@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
        Well, here's a little bit from York....

        The loaner tower had to go back to ALF for a few days the other week when
        the brakes locked up on the way to a call. Apparently there was some
        problem with the air dryer which dumped all the air while they were
        responding. The tower returned a few days later.

        We've now learned that ALF has sold this tower. They are acquiring
        another tower which we will receive after they get it and go over it.
        When it's ready, the current loaner tower will go over to ALF for a day
        so that equipment, radios, etc. can be moved from one to the other, and
        then the second loaner tower will come to York. This is expected to
        happen in early December.

        Our NEW tower is expected some time in the spring, and I presume that our
        two NEW pumpers are due around the same time. At some point we're going
        to have an awful lot of apparatus to store! But, it seems as though the
        purchase of the two pumpers, plus the construction of our replacement
        tower almost guarantees us a photo on the ALF calendar for 2002.

        For those of you that track such things, the current loaner tower
        previously served Gainesville, Florida. It currently has York city seals
        on the doors, and some self-adhesive "TRUCK A" lettering on the rig. Get
        your photos while you can ... it won't be here much longer!

        Greg
      • Bruce
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
          Dave: Hate to disappoint you about the "scopes" But Chief 3 said they are
          now also looking at 70' Sutphens since they are the only ones with single
          rear axle.

        • hfd82@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
            Jeez, sounds like youse guys are gonna be spendin' a lot of time driver
            trainin' this winter. :}
          • hfd82@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2000
              Now THAT might force me into an early retirement!!!!!!!!