Re: [Finger Lakes Paperfolders] Re: Hasbrouck Meeting

  • Eileen Tan
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5 12:43 PM
      A hair dryer works wonders in the tropics... :)
      Actually, the humidity isn't really a problem. Sweat folding is worse. :)

      I dropped by Miller's at Triphammer mall yesterday...drool.
      Their variety of paper is even bigger than that at the campus store.
      They also have packs of standard 6" and 10" kami, so I will get some the
      day before.

      Any ideas for models to teach?

      Eileen

      On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Crazed Spirals wrote:

      > Sounds great!
      >
      > Greetings from the damp post-typhoon Philippines, by
      > the way! Talk about wet folding... Crisp edges are
      > impossible, even in the air conditioning!
      >
      > anja
    • Deborah Miller
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6 3:57 AM
        Eileen-
        Just taught my annual fabric origami Christmas ornament class at local
        quilt store
        this past Saturday. Only two of the six ladies there had ever done
        origami before-
        I teach several ornaments from Glenda Scott's <www.fabricorigami.com>
        website:
        A three unit modular ornament, pony, dimentional star, another star (both
        from pentagons),
        and an ornament from a hexagon.
        As Angela knows, my memory is used for other things than origami folds--I
        need diagrams to refer to--
        unlike youse guys! Glenda's site has lots of ideas.....
        Deb
      • Eileen Tan
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13 5:50 AM
          Hi all!

          Ok - we've officially got 2 hours to teach on Saturday, so that maybe
          works out to about 4 models. I was thinking a box, a christmas ornament,
          an action model, and something else if there's time. The room is free
          before that too, so we can all meet at 1 pm. I'll see if I can borrow
          the huge water boilers so we can have tea and coffee. I will be at
          Miller's this Friday so I can get paper and stuff.
          Directions to get here: Intersection of Jessup and Pleasant Grove
          Road. There's a big sign outside. Follow the road in and the community
          centre is right in the middle of the place.
          Anja - Mike says his egroups subscription isn't active, it didn't seem
          to take his new address (mekanarek12401@...), could you check?
          Thanks!

          See you all Saturday,
          Eileen
        • Crazed Spirals
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 13 6:28 AM
            Hi Eileen,

            This sounds great! Thanks for organizing this!

            Seeya Saturday...

            anja

            P.S. What time are you planning on going shopping on
            Friday?

            --- Eileen Tan <eileen@...> wrote:
            > Hi all!
            >
            > Ok - we've officially got 2 hours to teach on
            > Saturday, so that maybe
            > works out to about 4 models. I was thinking a box,
            > a christmas ornament,
            > an action model, and something else if there's time.
            > The room is free
            > before that too, so we can all meet at 1 pm. I'll
            > see if I can borrow
            > the huge water boilers so we can have tea and
            > coffee. I will be at
            > Miller's this Friday so I can get paper and stuff.
            > Directions to get here: Intersection of Jessup and
            > Pleasant Grove
            > Road. There's a big sign outside. Follow the road
            > in and the community
            > centre is right in the middle of the place.

            =====
            http://geocities.com/FingerLakesPaperfolders
            Origami in Ithaca, NY

            http://calendar.yahoo.com/
          • M E Kanarek
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 13 6:30 AM
              new address is michaek.kanarek@...
              thats the problem
            • anja Crazed Spirals
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 13 6:38 AM
                --- In FingerLakesPaperfolders@egroups.com, "M E Kanarek"
                <michael.kanarek@v...> wrote:
                > new address is michaek.kanarek@v...
                > thats the problem

                AAh, that might explain it. :-)

                You're on now. Let me know if there are any problems...

                Seeya Saturday?

                anja