Re: [FLaP] Re: Light in Winter, January 23

  • Laurel Callahan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
      ________________________________
      From: origamifreak <origamifreak@...>
      To: FingerLakesPaperfolders@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, January 23, 2011 9:07:56 AM
      Subject: [FLaP] Re: Light in Winter, January 23

      No one has answered so I'm going to tell them we're not coming.

      Cheers,

      anja

      --- In FingerLakesPaperfolders@yahoogroups.com, "origamifreak"
      <origamifreak@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > We've been invited back to Ithaca's Light in Winter festival to participate in
      >the Hall of Wonders, January 23 from noon to 4pm.
      >
      > The Festival will provide up to 4 volunteer passes for folks who can commit to
      >doing origami with the public for the full four hours and help with set up and
      >clean up.
      >
      > Respond on this listserve if you're interested and sure you can do it.
      >
      > See the Festival website for more information about fun things to attend with
      >your volunteer pass (Friday - Sunday).
      > http://lightinwinter.com/festival-events
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > anja

      Sorry
      i just saw this e-mail.  it sounds like fun and hopefully you will do it or
      something similiar to it  in the summer or next year..  Sorry you had to cancel
      for this Jan.
      Happy folding
      Laurel

    • Robert Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
        Greetings all
        I'm sorry it didn't go this year. I lost track of time for LIW and got your notice just the Friday before. I'll do my best to participate whenever possible. I need to book a hotel room ahead as I missed LIW on my first try in 2009 because of bad weather here in Olean. I was in Ithaca in mid December visiting my daughter and went to a coffee shop on their "origami night" ready to fold and was told that it was canceled. Apparently their place had turned into a meeting place to hang out for things other than origami. They did have some nice origami on display.

        Attached photos are of some origami in my recent display at the Olean library.
        Best,
        Robert Taylor