Finger Lakes Paperfolders Meeting Report

  • Crazed Spirals
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
      Report from the first public meeting of the Finger
      Lakes Paperfolders in Ithaca, NY:

      Mike Kanarek, Eileen Tan, and Anja Baldo met at the
      Triphammer Mall in Ithaca for a couple of hours on
      Saturday and shared folds and stories.

      While Mike regaled us with stories of teaching
      appreciative inmates, Anja demonstrated how to fold an
      Escher lizard ball.

      Mike showed us how to make an egg-laying chicken, a
      trumpeting elephant, a flying heart, and a talking
      frog, which were all wonderfully whimsical. Mike also
      showed us how to fold a letter with an
      accordion-pleated leaf in the corner. This intrigued
      Anja, who promptly tried to figure out how to use the
      decorative motif on a box lid, which ended up looking
      more like bow ties.

      Eileen shared her experiences of folding thin plates
      of aluminum and described a blue dolphin of this type
      she'd sent to the Southeast Origami Festival.

      It was a whole lot of fun, and if I'm available, I'll
      definitely come again. Mike said he'd see if he can
      sweet-talk the library into letting us use their
      facilities next time.

      For more info and pictures of some of the things we
      made this weekend, visit
      http://geocities.com/fingerlakespaperfolders

      anja

      =====
      http://geocities.com/FingerLakesPaperfolders
      Origami in Ithaca, NY

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Deborah Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2000
        Great report!
        I have a couple children who would love the egg laying hen, among other
        models.
        Jay and I were in West Point for the most elaborate, extravagant wedding we
        will probably ever attend.
        Thanks for the photos Angela!
      • Crazed Spirals
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2000
          Hey Mike,

          The leaf letter is a hit!

          Do you have diagrams for that one? If not, I can just
          send Our Lady Protector of the Realm one in the
          mail...

          :-)

          anja
          --- "Monica Crump, Lady Protector of the Realm"

          =====