208Mark your calendars! Events in March and April!

  • origamifreak
    Jan 29, 2010
      Hi Everyone,

      Reminders will go out closer to the dates but I just wanted to let you know now if you're coming from a long way or need advance notice.

      We have two fun folding events coming up in the spring.

      On Sunday March 21 in Ithaca, NY we will fold with the Family Math club in Williams room 302 at Ithaca College from 2-3:30pm. The Origami and symmetry workshop used at EYH in 2001 will be appropriate for this. See the files at our Yahoo group or email and ask me to send them directly. For more information about the Family Math club, visit this site:
      http://www.familymath.org

      On Saturday April 3 in Ovid, NY we will have use of the Edith B Ford Memorial Library for the morning 10-12 (and the afternoon until 2pm if we want to keep folding). The Librarian will advertise the morning folding session for her local families and homeschoolers, etc.

      There is a fridge, microwave, and sink downstairs where we are welcome to eat if we want to bring lunches and snacks, a small grocery store across the street, and a number of restaurants within walking distance.
      Here is the library website: http://www.flls.org/OVID/

      Mark your calendar and plan to come on out! Advanced folders are particularly encouraged to consider coming on April 3, since we will have an opportunity to get into some hairy folding after lunch, if we like.

      Cheers,

      anja
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic