machinery

  • woolnut00
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002
      Hi Kim, I'll try this one more time, I'm not sure if I'm sending into
      cyberspace or what. I have Patrick Green equipment. I started out
      with a Rover and did a fair amount of processing. The big carder
      does more per hour plus has the large batt maker(I love quilting),
      and the bumps can be made a lot larger. I've never pushed for a
      limit because the family, the sheep, and the garden ect. uses much of
      my time. The rover is supposed to card 4 or 5 lbs. per hour
      depending on the type of wool and VM. The Cottage Industry carder is
      supposed to do 8 to 12 lbs. per hour, then there's washing, drying,
      picking, picking and more picking, however much time you want to
      spend and how much VM you plan on taking on in the wool ect.. I try
      to pick a lot and am learning to reject too dirty of fleeces for the
      carders sake. Hope this helps. What kind of carder do you have
      now? Liz